Give us a call on 01726 862798 if you have any questions about the Nova Craft Prospector 15 Tuffstuff
Nova Craft Prospector 15 TuffStuff
All-round Lightweight canoe
The smallest model in the very popular Prospector range from Nova Craft. A superb all-round touring and expedition canoe made from lightweight Tuff Stuff.
- More info
- Features / Spec
- Recommended Kit
Nova Craft Prospector 15 Tuffstuff
A scaled down version of the larger Prospector models, the Prospector 15 has all of the heritage features of the Prospector lineage and remains faithful to the tried and tested hull design yet comes in a smaller and more responsive package. The Prospector hull design is well established as a superb flatwater touring hull, perfect for inland waterways, open flat water and calm sheltered estuaries. The Prospector 15 is great for tandem day tripping without having all the extra volume of an all-out expedition canoe, but there is still enough space for an overnight camp if required.
The hull has plenty of initial stability and is very easy to get on with, making this excellent for beginners and the more experienced paddler. Slight rocker provides a good amount of agility for ease of handling too. The higher sides of the Prospector hull helps to provide a drier ride should you experience some choppier waters or light rapids. Head out with a friend for a picnic trip on the river or lake, explore a local estuary and find hidden beaches or take your pet out for a day on the water. Whilst being great for two, the Prospector 15 is also a good size for solo paddling.
Constructed from lightweight but durable Tuff Stuff composite, this canoe weighs only 23.6kg, is a dream to handle off the water and is more than manageable by one person for portaging between waters and car topping. Buoyancy tanks also come as standard built into the bow and stern. Ash seats, carry handles and yoke along with lightweight aircraft-grade aluminium gunwales finish off the outfitting of this superb canoe.
There are two larger models also available in the Prospector Tuff Stuff range, take a look at the Prospector 16 Tuff Stuff and Prospector 17 Tuff Stuff. Also available in a cheaper triple layer rotomoulded polyethylene SP3 model.
- Lightweight TuffStuff Construction
- Aircraft grade Black anodized aluminium gunwales and aluminium reinforced ABS end deck plates.
- Laced ash framed seats.
- Ash carry handles at bow and stern.
- Deluxe sculpted ash centre yoke (In our opinion the best Canoe Yoke on the market), shaped to spread the weight across your shoulders evenly and even got a small notch for the small bone in your neck.
- Shallow arch shaped hull gives initial stability whilst a moderate rocker allows good manoeuvrability.
- In-built buoyancy tanks at the bow and stern
Prospector 15 TuffStuff Dimensions
- Length – 15ft / 457cm
- Width – 36in / 91.4cm
- Bow Depth – 23in / 58.5cm
- Centre Depth – 15in / 38cm
- Stern Depth – 23in / 58.5cm
- Rocker – 2.5in / 6.4cm
- Weight – 52lb / 23.6kg
- Manufacturers Weight Capacity: 386kg Optimum weight capacity may differ - please contact us if you are unsure about the suitability of the Nova Craft Prospector 15 Tuffstuff for your weight
Enigma Note Canoe Paddle
A classic design constructed from quality pine and mahogany. Coated with a clear lacquer for a clean finish and to increase durability.
- Available Sizes: 140cm, 150cm, 160cm
- Construction: Pine and Mahogany
- Blade Style: Standard
Enigma Key Canoe Paddle
A traditional beavertail design constructed from quality pine, mahogany and ash. Coated with a clear lacquer for a clean finish and durability.
- Available Sizes: 150cm, 160cm
- Construction: Pine, Mahogany and Ash
- Blade Style: Beavertail
Canoe Storage Barrels
High quality barrels for use as additional dry storage in canadian canoes. Great for expeditions and extended trip usage. Available in 30 & 60 Litre sizings.
RUK Buoyancy Blocks - Pair
Simple and effective floatation aid for a canadian canoe. Constructed from closed cell polystyrene with a hard wearing outer cover, the blocks are a tough and durable buoyancy option.
RUK Canoe Lashing Kit
Supplied lashing kit to install buoyancy blocks or bags in the bow and stern of your canadian canoe. Kit suitable for both solo and tandem canoes.1201304
Enigma Canoes Painter Kit
A Painter Kit is a great option for holding securing line at the bow/stern of your canoe. Great for securing your canoe to a pontoon, tree/bank or to a vehicle during transit.
We can offer a delivery service for TuffStuff Canoes throughout the UK using our own fleet of delivery vans. Please contact us with your delivery address so that we can discuss delivery options and provide a delivery cost quotation.
Alternatively we offer nationwide collection from any of our stores listed below.
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Nova Craft Prospector 15 Tuffstuff online from our website and collect from our shop in St Columb Road near Fraddon in Cornwall or you can collect from any branch within the Canoe Shops Group. There is no cost associated with instore collection*.
Our other stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole
- Brighton Canoes - Newhaven
- Kayaks & Paddles Plymouth
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich
- Southampton Canoes - Hampshire
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.